Here are the right ways to respond to fires that start in the kitchen.
If the fire starts…
- …in your pan: turn off the burner and put a lid on the pan.
- …in your oven: turn off the heat and leave the oven closed until it cools.
- …in your microwave: turn it off immediately and keep the door closed.
- …and spreads to your clothes: stop, drop, and roll to put out your clothing first, then follow the instructions above if the fire is still small.
- Have your appliances serviced before using them again after a fire.
- If the fire starts to grow, call 9-1-1 immediately.
- DO NOT use a fire extinguisher on a pan that catches fire!
To view all our posts this week together, along with our past safety tips, be sure to check out www.pyebarkerfire.com/news/industry.